To be eligible to become a Member of the American Legion you must currently be on active duty, serving the United States honorably, anywhere in the world, or have served honorably during any eligible war eras. National Guard and Reservists having been Federally activated (including basic training) during these same war eras also meet the eligibility requirements.
The eligible war eras are as follows:
- Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)
- Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
- Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
- Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
- April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)
To become a American Legion Member click here for the regular application.
If you would like to apply to be a Paid for Life member click here.