The Auxiliary was chartered in 1926 as: Alex J. Berg Unit 51. Then in 1978, it was chartered under Berg-Hemker-Olson Unit 51.
The Auxiliary is made up of if ladies in two categories:
- Seniors which can be spouses, female dependents, mothers and sisters.
- Juniors which are young women under 18 who are grand-daughters or great-grand-daughters of veterans.
The American Legion Auxiliary mission includes:
- Supporting and advocating for veterans, active military and their families
- Support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion
- Increase capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
The American Legion Auxiliary is committed to four principles:
For more information on the Auxiliary’s history, mission, and eligibility requirements click here.